We’re always on the lookout for passionate and talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience and aspirations then drop us a line!
We’re always on the lookout for passionate & talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co-op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience & aspirations then drop us a line!
• Employee benefits including medical, dental, life insurance for you and your dependants
• Retirement saving matching (Group RRSP)
• Referral program
• Free parking
• Family-oriented work environment
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Insurance Business Analyst
Location: Waterloo ON CanadaReports to: AVP, Operations Job Posting Link
We are seeking an experienced Insurance Business Analyst to join thinktum Inc.’s dynamic team. In this role, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand and document the vision, requirements and success criteria for projects. The ideal candidate combines outstanding knowledge of the life insurance industry, including detailed awareness of the operation process of Life Insurance Carriers and Managing General Agencies (MGAs). Experience in the documentation of business requirement, support the understanding of software development team and quality assurance. Your passion for accuracy, detail, quality and your ability to ask questions will support the creation of system requirements of thinktum Inc.’s solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide estimation of delivery work necessary to realize requirements throughout the development lifecycle
- Simulate, analyze, specify and communicate functional business, system and implementation requirements
- Collaborate with solution delivery teams to define and deliver the project vision
- Write concise user stories which include precise acceptance criteria, accurate specifications by example and testable functional scenarios
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams
- Validate the accuracy of delivered requirements in advance of the active business owner reviewing completed work and UAT
- Create necessary project documentation when needed, including business/technical requirement documents, UML (Use Cases, Flow Diagrams), wireframes, mock-ups, test plans, etc.
- Assist the testing team in defining testing scenarios (including data, acceptance criteria, rules, etc.) for each requirement deemed in scope
- Support all activities pertaining to the development, migration to new or revised products, applications and platforms
- Collaborate with the project team to develop and maintain the project management cadence backlog, and develop the iteration/sprint and release plans
- Facilitate meetings, including stand-ups, acceptance review, status updates, post-mortems, etc. as required
- Support the identification and resolution of risks/issues/blockers in collaboration with the project team
- Support multiple concurrent projects
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- In-depth knowledge of insurance business processes and processing
- Minimum 3 years experience as a business analyst
- Experience in an analytical role on complex enterprise projects
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiar with Agile delivery model for SDLC
WHAT WE OFFER
- The challenge and opportunity of joining an exciting technology company
- Opportunity to work on true go-to-market as well R&D scope of work and product
- Lots of opportunity for learning and self-development
- Opportunity to be part of a team that believes “tech for good” binds us and is the legacy we’ll all leave
- Opportunity to work with top notch professionals from a wide array of backgrounds to provide you with an ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute
- Ability to contribute in all stages of, and influence product development
At thinktum, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to all candidates with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org