Current Open Positions
Position: Senior Full-Stack Developer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
thinktum is seeking candidates interested in a Senior Full-Stack Developer role. Seize the opportunity to be involved with a fun and great team at a company that’s growing quickly. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career path.
As part of our Engineering team you will ethically and efficiently develop, deploy and support secure, resilient, scalable and quality systems comprised of interchangeable, extendable components in an environment that encourages focus, collaboration and innovation; that’s our vision for engineering! There’s a lot packed into that statement but if that struck a chord with you, we’d love to talk to you about it.
Full-Stack Developers are hired into a technical role within specific account and/or project teams. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities and excellent interpersonal skills. This role is for someone who is inquisitive by nature, cares about quality, likes to troubleshoot, solve problems and take on whatever responsibilities that come up in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
Must Have Traits:
- A black-belt holder for software development; at least 7 years of Full-Stack Developer experience
- Clean code practices are second nature; you can smell out bad code like it were a rancid blue cheese
- Writes code like creating a Jackson Pollock painting; abstract, but comes together for something amazing
- Tends the forest and the trees; can understand the big picture and the details to manage both
- Adapts quickly to new technologies including research and implementation
- Lives in two worlds; you learn and build knowledge in both business and technical areas
Nice to have experience:
- Worked in a team practicing Scrum/Agile development
- Practiced DevOps methodologies
- Participated in Architectural Design
- Developing systems from architecture to deployment and everywhere in between
- Transforming requirements into functional design
- Participating in, and sometimes leading, Scrum ceremonies
- Database & configuration management
- Security analysis and design
Additional tasks may include:
- Technology and solution oriented research as needed
- Customer focused design discussions and implementations
- Mentoring interns
- Additional duties as required
Technologies we use:
- Typescript, Python
- React, Node
- AWS, Terraform, Docker, nginx, Linux
- DialogFlow, Meya.ai
- Gitlab, Visual Studio Code
At thinktum, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to all candidates with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We’re always on the lookout for passionate & talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co-op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience & aspirations, make sure to check back later and drop us a line!
• Employee benefits including medical, dental, life insurance for you and your dependants
• Retirement saving matching (Group RRSP)
• Referral program
• Free parking
• Family-oriented work environment
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.